Stop Backup Accidents.com is one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of backup cameras and backup sensors in the US. We have been marketing and selling collision avoidance technology in the US for 5+ years and thousands of individuals and company has experienced the safety benefits of adding a backup sensor and/or camera to their vehicle!
Here at Stop Backup Accidents.com, we offer the widest selection of high-quality backup camera and Backup sensor systems! Our market research has helped us develop this special car safety technology so you can completely avoid having your next view-obstructed accident. Our exclusive backup camera systems and parking sensor systems will increase your driving safety and decrease your stress level when backing up. It’s worth the investment! Many of our systems probably cost less than your insurance deductible! Check out our exclusive product selection.
If you are interested in buying one of these products for your vehicle or fleet, you have come to the right place! We are not one of those big-box stores who will sell you a high-tech gizmo and then go on to the next customer. We pride ourselves in our customer service and problem-solving abilities. So, go ahead, give us a call! We want to help you out. Email or call us and we can ensure that you get the service and support that you need.
Backing Car Accident Statistics
A reversing car accident occurs every 1.6 minutes in this country. In the U.S., every year, over 300,000 backing accidents are reported, and that doesn’t include the unreported accidents. Every year, more than 400 people die because of backing accidents (most of them young children.) Drivers must pay over 1.3 billion dollars a year for the damages. The highest number of accidents happen in densely populated cities. For example, Houston is responsible for 15% of all Texas car accident injuries. Most of these accidents could have been prevented by even the simplest of backing safety systems!
Kids and Cars, a nonprofit organization for increasing child auto safety, reports that in 2017, 91 children died from being backed into. The majority (82%) of these deaths were small children under age four. This age group, though only a tiny 6% of the whole U.S. population makes up 30% of all the non-occupant victims of backing accidents. Also, the number of children killed in reversing accidents increased 57% from 2016 to 2017. Why the dramatic increase? Most likely, it’s due to the large blind spots of SUVs, vans, and pickups, which have been increasing in popularity. Blind spots are areas the driver cannot see easily from her position.
Rear Blind Spots: Be Aware!
We did our own investigation to demonstrate that principle. We measured the blind spots for several different types of vehicles: sedan, minivan, SUV, and pickup truck. Using a 28-inch road cone, and placing it at different distances behind different autos, we measured and compared the blind spots of these vehicles. Here is what we found:
- Honda Accord Sedan: Blind spot is roughly 12 feet for an average-height driver (5’8″). For a shorter driver (5’1″), it would be closer to 17 feet.
- Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan: Blind spot is 13 feet for the average-height driver, 23 feet for a shorter driver.
- Toyota Sequoia SUV: Blind spot is 14.5 feet for an average-height driver, 24.5 feet for a shorter driver.
- Chevrolet Avalanche Pickup: Blind spot is 30 feet for an average driver, 51 feet for a shorter driver. That’s a lot of obscured area!
As you can see, as the bottom of the rear window rises, the car length increases, or the driver’s height decreases, the length of the blind spot increases. Don’t risk your own financial security and the lives of small children! Invest in a backing safety system today!
Reversing Accident Facts
- Another reversing accident occurs every 1.6 minutes in the U.S.
- Every year, over 300,000 backing accidents are reported. They occur on streets, in parking lots, driveways, and neighborhoods nationwide.
- Each year, more than 400 people die from reversing accidents, many of them very young children. The cost to U.S. drivers each year is more than 1.3 billion dollars.
- The U.S. Dept. of Transportation reports that more than 27% of all auto accidents involve reversing. They also say that with back up cameras or parking sensors, 70% of those drivers could have avoided the accident.
- Inside ITS published a J.D. Power survey in 2001 of 10,000 drivers. 72% of them reported a desire to have external sensors on their next car purchase.
At Stop Backup Accidents, we want to point out the business potential of our products. This is a rapidly growing industry, and that growth shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. Most likely, in the coming years all autos will be required to include a backing safety system from the manufacturer. When that occurs, there will be a massive rush for all auto owners to get their vehicles outfitted with new reversing accident avoidance systems. By launching our product in your existing storefront or website, you can get a jump on your competition and get in on the ground floor of this new technology, making your business the backing safety leader in your sector!
So, why should you do business with Stop Backup Accidents? Firstly, we have over four years of experience with this technology, so we know these products well, and can offer you the best guidance and customer support in the industry! Second, we have the contacts, personnel, and support network you need to successfully add these products to your business. Thirdly, we have the best selection of products with the components on the market. We have every kind of system: entry level, heavy-duty, waterproof, wireless back-up cameras, and every other kind of backup camera or parking sensor your customers might want! Finally, our dealer prices are quite aggressive, netting you a healthy margin on each deal! By charging for installation on each system, you can’t lose!